Friday, June 10, 2011

The beginning

First of all, let me apologize for not taking ANY before pics of my feet! That's how bad they were. I also didn't plan on doing a blog so I didn't think twice about capturing a pic of them. Anywho, just know that they were very unsightly with corns on almost every toe. The second toe on my right foot was a hammertoe. The second toe on my left foot had a nasty corn on it but wasn't a hammertoe. So my doc and I figured it would be best to fuse the left second toe anyway (toe shortening) so that they would be the same length since hammertoe surgery requires the shortening of the toe. Honestly, there isn't much of a difference in the procedure for the hammertoe and the toe shortening in my case. He didn't insert any pins in my toes. The rest of the toes that I got done simply had bone removed to get rid of the corns and straighten the toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment